All our curtain and drape cleaning is undertaken on the understanding that you agree to proceed having read, understood and agreed to the following:
We will take upmost care in the cleaning of your curtains, but no responsibility can
be taken in some instances where the care label instructions are followed. Please consider the
– By law all professionally made curtains and drapes must have a cleaning label attached which indicates
a possible shrinkage of 3% when cleaned. Our unique system enables us to maintain the stability of
fabric in almost every instance, therefore, the risk of shrinkage is minimal.
– In some cases where shrinkage does occur, please be aware that shrinkage of up to 3% is allowable
under law. (3% in a 2.5m drop is 7.5cm)
– The age of the curtains and the amount of exposure to sunlight can have an effect on the cleaning
– Sunlight damage is destructive to many textiles and will progressively degrade fibres that are exposed
during use. This can cause tearing along the pleat fold lines during the agitation process. Coloured
dyes and prints can also be affected by sunlight.
– Water marks are due to contact with moisture while curtains are hanging, and the reaction with a build
up of impurities collected on the fabric over time. Even condensation from the window can produce this
moisture. Sometimes watermarks appear more obvious on drapes after the necessary drying process.
Existing watermarks will rarely remove in the cleaning processes unless they are very recent, or if the
use of an oxygenating bleaches fall within the care label recommendations.
– Damage to curtain and lining Acrylic Coatings or “Bonding” can sometimes occur during the cleaning
processes. Sometimes this will appear as a blistering effect, and occasionally the coating will peel off
the fabric. Where care label recommendations have been followed, responsibility for this result does
not lie with the drycleaner.
If the customer is unhappy with this reasoning an independent laboratory
test can be organised to resolve the matter, however if the results prove that the care label was
followed accordingly the customer will bear the cost of testing